Page 6 of 139, 1390 Total

Kanimbla black spot: Lithgow City Council to appeal to Telstra

04 Dec 2018
TelstraNews

Lithgow City Council resolved to urgently write to Telstra CEO Andy Penn in relation to Kanimbla’s mobile black spot at its meeting on November 26.

With applications for round four of the Federal Government Black Spot program set to close on December 10, residents asked for council’s help to put pressure on Telstra. 

The residents have been campaigning for better coverage due to safety concerns and regular landline outages. 

To continue reading the article: click here. (lithgowmercury.com.au)

Residents in bushfire affected areas lose mobile service

04 Dec 2018
InTheNews

AS FIRES raged across the Pioneer Valley alarmed residents struggled to contact loved ones on their phones.

Telstra and Optus customers in the Finch Hatton region on Wednesday complained about the loss of service, saying they also missed out on crucial Queensland Fire Emergency Services emergency updates.

A Criterion Hotel employee said the Telstra connected business had been receiving only one bar of service for most of the day, which was "not enough to make a phone call, just texts”.

To continue reading the article: click here. (dailymercury.com.au)

Big new Telstra mobile phone tower going up at Gosse, KI

04 Dec 2018
TelstraNews

Telstra contractors are in the final stages of construction of a new mobile base station at Gosse on the western end of Kangaroo Island.

At 52 metres high, the mast antenna will be one of the highest points on the Island, providing improved 3G and 4G mobile coverage to the area.

The tower is being built at the Roo Lagoon property, just off the Playford Highway between Parndana and Gosse.

 

To continue reading the article: click here. (theislanderonline.com.au)

Optus expanding NSW mobile black spot program to new areas

04 Dec 2018
OptusNews

Australia’s second largest telco Optus is preparing to build 16 new mobile sites as part of the NSW Government’s mobile black spot program at a total cost of $12 million, with half of the funding provided by Optus itself and half by the State Government.

The 16 sites are spread across New South Wales and Optus says, in a real boost for residents and businesses in the Northern Rivers, nearly half of all new sites will be located within the region, including sites at Fernleigh, Goolmangar, Main Arm, Rock Valley, Rosebank and Stony Chute.

Optus, which will contribute $6 million with $6 million from the NSW Government, says the new sites will deliver much needed mobile coverage and connectivity to regional communities across the state.

To continue reading the article: click here. (itwire.com)

Redflow’s zinc-bromine ZBM2 battery to power Optus mobile phone tower in Daintree Rainforest

27 Nov 2018
OptusNews

In less than a week, zinc-bromine battery company Redflow (ASX: RFX) has secured its second sales order, with this latest order set to power an Optus mobile phone tower in far north Queensland’s Daintree rainforest.

Optus has ordered six of Redflow’s ZBM2 zinc-bromine flow batteries, which will provide energy storage at Optus’ mobile tower in the Cape Tribulation section of the rainforest.

Redflow’s 10 kilowatt-hour ZBM2 battery is scalable and can deliver 100% discharge daily for 10 years.

To continue reading the article: click here. (smallcaps.com.au)

Mobile coverage boost

27 Nov 2018
TelstraNews

COVERAGE bars on mobile phones being used in the Robertstown area will receive a mighty boost following the unveiling of a mobile phone tower in the town last week.

Its launch forms part of the federal government’s Mobile Black Spots program.

Federal Liberal Member for Grey Rowan Ramsey said he was pleased to attend the launch of the Robertstown mobile phone tower on Thursday, November 22.

To continue reading the article: click here. (theflindersnews.com.au)

Greenwood mother opposes mobile phone panel

24 Nov 2018
OptusNews

OPTUS could be facing another fight in the northern suburbs with a Greenwood mother opposing a proposed mobile phone panel near her home.

Vedrana Martino said she received a letter from the telecommunications company on November 9, which advised they proposed to update an existing light pole to a mobile base station next to 61 Bouvardia Way, near Hepburn Avenue.

“This would be situated 30-40m across from my house and is in a highly populated residential area with a lot of young families,” she said.

To continue reading the article: click here. (communitynews.com.au)

Wireless ISPs call for inquiry into 5G spectrum auction

24 Nov 2018
InTheNews

Wireless Internet Services Providers Association of Australia (WISPAU) has called on Prime Minister Scott Morrison to launch a parliamentary inquiry into the auction process for spectrum in the 3.6GHz band.

The Australian Communications and Media Authority is currently auctioning off 125MHz of spectrum in the extended 3.6GHz band for use in 5G mobile services, with Telstra, Optus and a TPG-Vodafone consortium (formed concurrently with their merger announcement) expected to bid, subject to competition limits set by the government.

To continue reading the article: click here. (computerworld.com.au)

Small NBN providers cannot compete on price: claim

23 Nov 2018
NbnNews

Small NBN retail service providers will have to compete on quality of service, not price, if they want to stay in business, given the way the industry is structured, the head of a small ISP claims.

Damian Ivereigh, head of Launceston-based Launtel, who predicted a few months ago that smaller NBN RSPs could be in trouble after October due to the bundles sold by NBN Co becoming mostly the single way that RSPs bought bandwidth, pointed to the closure of Mungi, a small Melbourne-based ISP as further proof that his theory was correct.

To continue reading the article: click here. (itwire.com)

Proposed Optus phone tower in Craigie park refused again

23 Nov 2018
OptusNews

CRAIGIE residents have won their latest fight with Optus over a telecommunications tower proposed at Camberwarra Park but it may not be over yet.

Joondalup councillors at last night’s meeting unanimously refused the tower, which would be installed next to the tennis courts and toilet block and about 23m from the nearest residential property.

The decision reaffirmed the council’s previous unanimous refusal in May when Optus proposed a 31.75m tower to increase mobile phone and data download coverage in Craigie and Padbury.

To continue reading the article: click here. (communitynews.com.au)

Page 6 of 139, 1390 Total
top